Friday, October 28, 2011

I WAS BULLIED, by Alan Gi

~I was bullied, by Alan Gi
I think many people can relate to this statement. The picture doesn't show the full sentence which was "I was bullied because ... (fill in the blank)".
People are bullied for many reasons: being fat, being too skinny, being too pretty, too quiet, too smart, too dumb... Sometimes just the silliest things can be turned into a means of bullying people and demoralizing them. It's unnecessary and hurtful. 

I'm proud to say that I've been a part of the Diversity Team at my school for 3 years. The team helps promote an inviting atmosphere; where school is a place to learn and make friends. School is not a place where one would fear persecution for his or her beliefs, ideas, or lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment