Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BETTER MAN, by Manning Goldman

They tell me I can’t,
They spit in my face.
I not the only one who speaks out of place.

I can’t believe it.
I know it’s not true.
They only tell you what they want you think about you.

Mean and cruel,
They tell bad jokes.
The punchline always hurts the most.

They say they love you,
You give them your trust.
I bet it would hurt them too if they were us.

Instead forgive them,
And be the better man.
They wont know what to do to the little guy who can.

Talk to them,
Have a nice chat.
Tell them face to face that you forgive all that.

What happens next will depend.
They may walk out on you, and if so, do not be ashamed.
But if they stay, explain and tell them just how and why you've changed.

~Better Man, by Manning Goldman

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment